Welcome to Embassy Mile End
Our centre is located on the large modern city campus of Queen Mary University, just a short journey on the tube from central London.
Students are staying in one of the halls of residence in the student village, which is like a little village in itself. There are shops and a sports hall for students to enjoy, all within a short distance from one of the world’s most exciting cities.
Location: Queen Mary University of London
Dates: 14 Jun - 16 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: Canterbury, Cambridge and Brighton
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms in flats with communal space in Pooley House residence
· Flats are shared between 5 to 9 students.
· All rooms are furnished with a mini-fridge, wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry is available in the residence area.
· Meals are served in a large, spacious dining hall.
· Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus.
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring London, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Treasure Hunt, Karaoke, Disco, Quiz or different sports such as Mini Olympics or Football.
Our students get to explore exciting places around London every weekday, visiting places such as the British Museum, St Paul’s Cathedral, Tower Bridge Experience, the National Gallery, Leicester Square and Chinatown
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture and visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges, punting on the River Cam and Kings College.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Lecture style lessons.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Modern classrooms.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
· Trinity exams preparation is available.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 20 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||50 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 40 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||20 mins|