Welcome to Embassy Brighton!
Brighton is a popular seaside city, with beautiful Georgian architecture, great beaches and trendy shops.
Full of influence from different cultures, the people here are known for being welcoming and open-minded. Our centre is located on the campus of the well-known University of Sussex, only a short bus or train journey from the city centre.
Location: University of Sussex
Dates: 21 Jun - 9 Aug
Ages: 11 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: London, Canterbury and Oxford
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed weekly.
· Laundry is available in each residence area.
· Kitchens are available in each flat.
· Meals are served in a large spacious canteen.
· Wi-fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
On-site activities are scheduled on weekdays in between lessons, with some half-day trips and full-day excursion at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Daytime activities: for example scavenger hunts, drama workshops and photo quiz
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our students get to explore exciting places such as Arundel Castle, Chichester, the historic town of Lewes as well as local visits to Brighton with the Sea Life Centre.
London: visit this exciting capital city and take a walking tour of central London, Westminster and visit the National Gallery.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage city, one of the most visited in the UK. Admire the medieval buildings and enjoy the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral.
Windsor Castle: students get to explore the charming, historic market town of Windsor and visit Windsor Castle, home to the Queen of England.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Many classrooms have interactive whiteboards.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern, equipped classrooms, many with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Sports hall plus outdoor areas for games and activities.
Meals: Meals served in the on-campus dining hall.
Common Room: Shared lounge area in each flat.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||30 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||2 hrs|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||2 hrs|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||2 hrs 30 mins|