Welcome to Embassy Cambridge
Cambridge is world-famous for its historic colleges, beautiful architecture and its iconic images of students cycling bicycles and punting on the River Cam. Our centre is located on Manor House campus of Bellerbys College, only 20 minutes from the town centre of Cambridge. We offer residential accommodation at Manor House and at the beautiful Jesus College in central Cambridge. We also offer the opportunity to stay in a local homestay.
Location: Bellerbys College
Dates: 28 Jun - 9 Aug (5 July - 9 Aug for Jesus College)
Ages: 12 - 17 (residential) 13 - 17 (homestay)
Accommodation: standard single and twin rooms or homestay accommodation
Sample Excursions: London, Warwick Castle, Oxford and Ely Cathedral
The residential accommodation on campus at Manor House has a cosy community feel, great sports facilities and a lot of green space.
· Students stay in standard single rooms with washbasins and a shared bathroom ratio of 1:4
Jesus College is part of the prestigious University of Cambridge located a short walk from the city centre. Students travel independently to Manor House for lessons.
· Students stay in standard single or twin rooms with a shared bathroom ratio of 1:4-1:6. The rooms are spread across 8 different townhouses with one house parent in each.
Below apply for both residences:
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair
· Rooms are cleaned weekly
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week
· Laundry service is available
· Kitchenettes shared per 4 bedrooms
· Meals are served in a large canteen on-site
· Large common room and movie lounge
· Students have access to a sports field and sports hall
Students have the choice of staying with local families for additional English language practice and cultural experience.
Students are housed in pairs or groups of three and travel independently via public transport to Embassy Summer Manor Campus - travel time can be up to 45 mins. A weekly bus pass is provided as part of the program and taxis are provided for all students after evening activities.
Students receive half-board in their family's homes and eat lunch in the campus canteen. A packed lunch is provided by the host family on the weekends.
Our Homestay families are provided through an agency that we collaborate with very closely.
On-site activities are scheduled on weekdays in between lessons, with full-day excursions three times a week. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: with a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Daytime activities: drama and performance workshops, scavenger hunts and photo quiz.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, talent show, and team games.
London: Visit London several times, seeing places such as: the British Museum, the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum, the National Gallery, Oxford street shopping and Hyde Park
Warwick Castle: Explore this spectacular medieval royal castle once owned by Queen Elizabeth I.
Oxford: Students can get to know the other famous university city and visit one of its most famous colleges
Stratford Upon Avon: Visit this beautiful town, the birthplace of Shakespeare
Ely Cathedral: This city features a beautiful Anglican cathedral and also includes a visit to Cambridge Botanical Gardens
Additional Cambridge excursions: On full-day excursions students get to spend the day punting on River Cam, visit the Duxford IWM museum, visit Kings’s College and Granchester Meadows.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Many classrooms have interactive whiteboards.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
· Trinity Exams preparation is available.
Classrooms: Located on Manor campus, many with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Sports field and sports hall.
Meals: Meals are served in a large canteen on-site.
Common Room: Large common room and movie lounge.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||2 hrs|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||45 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr 45 mins|