MALTA HOMESTAY PROGRAMME
When choosing to stay with a Maltese English-speaking family, students have the unique opportunity to share and experience the day to day life of a local family together with all the diversity of the Maltese culture.
Whilst staying in a host family, students will be able to enjoy the full Embassy Summer experience by joining in all organised activities.
Special dietary requirements may be accommodated subject to availability at a fee per week.
Price: €740 per week
(Price includes tuition, trips, activities, accommodation, full board, and airport transfers)
Dates: 25 Jun – 27 Aug
Ages: 12 – 17
Accommodation: Local host family
Sample excursions: a trip to Comino, Mdina, Valetta and Sandy Bay
- Twin/triple/quad rooms with shared bathroom
- Room furniture includes a single bed, wardrobe, and a bedside table
- Bedrooms cleaned weekly
- Laundry available on once per week
- Students are to bring their own towels, including a beach towel
- Bed linen are provided and changed weekly
- Dinner and breakfast served with the family, lunch served at school or activity with packed lunches on weekends
Activities and Excursions
On-site activities are scheduled occasionally when students are not in class or out exploring Malta, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Activities are organised on days when there are no trips and during the evenings; these activities may include
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Daytime activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show and team games
Our students get to explore exciting places such as Valletta, Marsaxlokk, Mdina and Malta harbour cruise
- Gozo: Full-day excursions to Malta’s smaller sister island, full of centuries of history and lots to explore.
- Sicily: Full-day excursion to the beautiful Italian island of Sicily, filled with gorgeous landscapes and a mix of cultures.
- Taught by friendly and professional English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 17 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Spacious modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Materials included as well as and end of course report and certificate
Travel times from the nearest airport
|(MLA) Malta International Airport||30-20 min by taxi|
The programme starts on a Sunday and it includes the full 7 days of the week.
Students will take part of lessons, have lunch at the centre and go on activities and excursions with the rest of the students. Below is a sample of the full summer programme.
This programme is for illustrative purposes and activities and visits may change.
or optional activity
|Testing & Induction
|Lessons||Lessons||Lessons||Lessons||Beach day or
Optional trip to Gozo or Sicily
|Afternoon||Bowling||Comino||Marsaxlokk & Vittoriosa||Tigne Point Shopping & Beach||Valletta Walk Around & Malta Experience|
|Evening||Orientation Walk||Foam Party||In-house Games||International Night Party||Beach BBQ||Themed pool party||Film night|