MALTA HOMESTAY PROGRAMME
When choosing to stay with a Maltese English-speaking family, students have the unique opportunity to share and experience the day-to-day life of a local family together with all the diversity of the Maltese culture.
Whilst staying with a host family, students will be able to enjoy the full Embassy Summer experience by joining in all organised activities.
Price: €800 per week
Price includes tuition, transport, activities, accommodation, full board
Dates: 23 June – 25 August
Ages: 13 – 17
Accommodation: Local host family
Sample activities: Comino, Mdina, Valetta, Beaches, Malta Experience, Bowling
- Twin/triple/quad rooms with shared bathroom
- Room furniture includes a single bed, wardrobe, a bedside table and a fan
- Bedrooms cleaned weekly
- Laundry available on once per week
- Students are to bring their own towels, including a beach towel
- Bed linen are provided and changed weekly
- Dinner and breakfast served with the family, lunch served at school or activity with packed lunches on weekends
Activities are organised every day, in the mornings, in the afternoons and in the evenings. These activities take place either on-site or off-site the centre. These may include:
- Sports such as football, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Discover the most beautiful beaches around Malta
- Explore exciting places such as Valletta, Mdina, Marsaxlokk
- Join in-house games such as karaoke, talent show and team games
Besides the activities which are part of the standard programme, students can also join a variety of optional activities, some during weekdays, other on weekends only. These may include:
The classroom is at the heart of your Malta Junior English Course. English Lessons are student-centred and encourage the development of relevant language skills. All Lessons are held at a school located in a central area of Malta.
- Taught by friendly and professional English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 17 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Spacious modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Materials included as well as and end of course report and certificate
Travel times from the nearest airport
|(MLA) Malta International Airport
|20 min by taxi
The programme starts on a Sunday and it includes the full 7 days of the week.
Students will take part of lessons, have lunch at school and go on activities. On weekends students will be provided with packed lunches before going on activity.
Below is a sample of the full summer programme.
This programme is for illustrative purposes and activities and visits may change.
|Mosta Rotunda & Mdina
|Marsaxlokk & Blue Grotto
|Limestone Heritage & Ghar Lapsi
|Valletta & Malta Experience
|Tigne Point Shopping and Swimming
|Qawra Point Beach & Optional Aquarium