Welcome to Embassy York University
New for 2019, our Toronto centre is located at York University about 30 minutes by metro from the city centre. Everything you need is in easy distance on this modern campus, providing a perfect base for a Canadian summer school experience.
Dates: 23 Jun - 4 Aug
Ages: 11 - 17
Accommodation: Single and twin standard rooms
Sample excursions: CN Tower, Harbour Cruise, Niagara Falls
Students stay in single or twin rooms with shared facilities. Facilities include:
- Traditional Canadian College Dormitory rooms and floor layout
- Communal space on each dormitory floor
- Room furniture includes a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Communal areas cleaned daily
- Linen changed weekly
- Laundry available in residence building
- Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall
- Wi-Fi available throughout accommodation, social and teaching spaces
Activities are organised in between lessons and during evenings. These activities could be on-site or near to the centre. These may include:
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, volleyball and basketball
- Drama and performance activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show, team games and Manhattan by night walking tours
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as Royal Ontario Museum and Toronto Harbor Cruise.
Downtown Toronto: explore downtown Toronto and visit the CN tower.
Niagara Falls: students get to experience these amazing waterfalls on the Canadian border.
Toronto Beach: also known as “The Beaches”, this relaxed neighbourhood with a small-town vibe is a top summer destination with its sandy beaches and quaint boardwalk.
Taught by qualified English teachers.
20 x 45 minute lessons per week each morning.
Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level.
Maximum 16 students per class.
Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities.
Classrooms are standard style.
Classrooms are located at York University Campus.
Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Standard classrooms located on campus.
Sports facilities: Indoor and outdoor basketball courts, and ball fields located on the campus as well as a gymnasium and an indoor pool.
Meals: Meals served in a large self-service canteen.
Common room: Common areas on each floor of the residence building.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout accommodation, social and teaching spaces.
Travel times to nearest airport:
|Toronto Pearson Airport (YYZ)||: 25 minutes|
Local public transport services:
|York University bus stop||: 10 minute walk|
|York University subway station||: 13 minute walk|