Welcome to Embassy California State University
Welcome to sunny California! Our centre is located at the Northridge campus of California State University in San Fernando Valley.
There are amazing facilities on campus, such as outdoor basketball, volleyball courts, a swimming pool and a multi-games room. The infamous Hollywood and its many landmarks are only 25mins away!
Location: Northridge, Los Angeles
Dates: 16 Jun - 4 Aug
Ages: 10 - 17
Accommodation: Twin standard rooms or apartments
Sample Excursions: Hollywood, Santa Monica and Griffith Observatory
· Students stay in standard twin rooms or twin en-suite apartment style rooms.
· Standard twin rooms share a bathroom with one other twin room, accessed via a hallway.
· Two twin en-suite apartment style rooms, 4 beds, share a bathroom with one other twin room with direct access to the bathroom.
· Both standard and en-suite rooms have a shared bathroom ratio of 1:4.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Bed linen is changed every week.
· All rooms have air-conditioning.
· Laundry is available in each residence for a small fee.
· Meals are served in a large self-service canteen.
· Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
There will be 3 full-day trips during the week. All activities are designed to continue the learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, a pool party and BBQ.
Downtown L.A. and Griffiths Observatory: Where students take in stunning views of Hollywood and the infamous sign, as well as space and science exhibits.
Santa Monica, Venice Beach, Huntington Beach and Hermosa Beach: Enjoy walking, bicycling or roller-skating along beaches that have been featured in and made famous by hundreds of movies and TV shows.
Downtown LA and the Grammy Museum: Visit this interactive museum celebrating all forms of music and the annual Grammy awards.
Long Beach and the Aquarium of the Pacific : Explore this Californian beach-side town and see over 11,000 animals and interactive exhibits at this truly amazing aquarium.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Standard classrooms located in the residence building.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Standard classrooms located in the residence building.
Sports Facilities: Sand volleyball court, basketball court, outdoor swimming pool and outdoor areas for games and activities with gym and exercise equipment.
Meals: All meals are served in a large self-service canteen.
Common Room: Communal lounges on each floor of the residence building and a multi-games room.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airport
|(LAX) Los Angeles International||45 mins|
Local public transport services
|Zelzah/Plummer bus stop||10 mins walk|
|Northridge train station||18 mins walk|