Welcome to Embassy California State University
Welcome to sunny California! Our centre is located at the Northridge campus of California State University in San Fernando Valley.
There are amazing facilities on campus, such as outdoor basketball, volleyball courts, a swimming pool and a multi-games room. The infamous Hollywood and its many landmarks are only 25mins away!
Location: California State University Northridge, Los Angeles
Dates: 14 Jun - 2 Aug
Ages: 10 - 17
Accommodation: Standard twin rooms or apartment-style twin en-suites
Sample Excursions: Santa Monica, Hollywood with Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive and Downtown LA with plenty of visits
· Students stay in standard twin rooms or twin apartment-style en-suites
· Standard twin rooms share a bathroom with one other twin room, accessed via a hallway
· Two twin en-suite apartment-style rooms, 4 beds, share a bathroom with one other twin room with direct access to the bathroom
· Both standard and en-suite rooms have a shared bathroom ratio of 1:4
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair
· Bed linen is changed every week
· All rooms have air-condition
· Laundry is available in each residence for a small fee
· Meals are served in a large self-service canteen
· Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms
The programme includes 2 full-day excursions every week and several on-site activities in between lessons. All activities are designed to continue the learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, table tennis, beach volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, a pool party and BBQ.
Sample of Full-Day Excursions
Students get to explore the most interesting places/sites such as LA Cathedral, Olvera Street, LA Union Station, Chinatown and the Getty Centre.
Students get to explore the famous Hollywood Boulevard with the Walk of Fame, Beverly Hills and Rodeo Drive.
Students get to explore some of the most famous beaches in LA. One day includes a visit to the Getty Villa, Malibu and Zuma Beach. Another day-trip is spent in Santa Monica at the beach and the pier. The third trip is to Venice Beach
California Science Center and Disney Concert Hall:
Students get to explore the wonders of science through interactive exhibitions and visit the magnificent concert hall of Walt Disney. They also do a stop in the historic district of Little Tokyo.
Grammy Museum and Griffith Observatory:
students visit the famous Grammy museum, the Staples Centre, home arena of LA Lakers. They also do a stop from some shopping in Santee Alley and finish off with a visit to Griffith Observatory.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Standard classrooms located in the residence building.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Standard classrooms located in the residence building.
Sports Facilities: Sand volleyball court, basketball court, outdoor swimming pool and outdoor areas for games and activities with gym and exercise equipment.
Meals: All meals are served in a large self-service canteen.
Common Room: Communal lounges on each floor of the residence building and a multi-games room.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airport
|(LAX) Los Angeles International||45 mins|
Local public transport services
|Zelzah/Plummer bus stop||10 mins walk|
|Northridge train station||18 mins walk|