Welcome to Embassy UCL
Our centre is located on the campus of world-renowned University College London, in the lively area known as Bloomsbury.
You are literally in the middle of central London close to iconic shopping areas such as Oxford Street and Covent Garden. The accommodation is split between two different residence buildings, all close to the main campus.
Junior students (aged 13-17) and adult students (aged 18-21) can be in the same group and travel together. However, they will be accommodated in separate halls, taught in separate classes and do some activities seperately.
Location: University College London
Dates: 23 Jun - 25 Aug
Ages: 13-17 (juniors) and 18-21 (adults)
Accommodation: Single and twin standard rooms
Sample excursions: British Museum, Thames River Cruise and Brighton
· Students stay in single or twin standard rooms with shared bathroom.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen is included and changed every week.
· Each residence has a communal lounge.
· Laundry service is available in all residence buildings.
· Meals are served in two large self-service dining halls.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to such locations as St. Paul’s Cathedral, Tate Modern, the Natural History museum, Camden Market and Thames River cruise.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges, punting on the river Cam and Kings College.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious, modern classrooms.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||5 mins|