Welcome to Embassy South Bank
Our centre is located on the campus of South Bank University, only a short
walk from attractions like London Eye and the London Dungeon.
The location couldn’t be more central! You’ll be staying at McLaren House, just a couple of minutes from the main university building. Everything you could wish to see is only a short walk or underground ride away.
Location: South Bank University, London
Dates: 16 Jun - 11 Aug
Ages: 13 - 18
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: British Museum, St. Paul’s Cathedral and Brighton
· Students are staying in single en-suite rooms in flats with a communal space and kitchen.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry service is available in the residence area.
· Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
· Wi-Fi access throughout the accommodation.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as St. Paul’s Cathedral, Notting Hill and the British Museum.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges, punting on the river Cam and Kings College.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious, modern classrooms with projectors.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 10 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||20 mins|