Welcome to Embassy Portsmouth
Portsmouth is a port city in New Hampshire, England. The eye-catching Spinnaker Tower resembles a sail, in homage to the city’s significance in maritime history.
Our centre is located next to the seafront in a building of the University of Portsmouth. It is within walking distance of the city centre, which offers access to a variety of fun and cultural local attractions.
Location: Portsmouth University
Dates: 23 Jun - 18 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: Isle of Wight, Brighton and London
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms in a dedicated secure block.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry is available in the accommodation building.
· Meals are served in a canteen in the building.
· Accomodation has large social areas and activity spaces.
· All students have access to a sports hall, just 10 minutes’ walk from the accommodation.
· Wi-Fi available throughout the campus.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as Portsmouth historic dockyards, Chichester and its cathedral and the New Forest National Park.
London: Discover this exciting capital city, take a walking tour of central London and visit the Tate Modern.
Oxford: Explore this iconic and beautiful university city and its famous colleges.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre and see the Royal Pavilion.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious, standard classrooms.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms, located a short walk from the accommodation.
Sports Facilities: Access to sports hall, just a 10 minute walk from the accommodation.
Meals: All meals are served in a canteen in the accommodation building.
Common Room: Large social areas and common activity spaces.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||2 hrs 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||2 hrs 30 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|Ashford International (Eurostar)||2 hrs|