Welcome to Embassy Oxford
Our centre is located on the Headington campus of Oxford Brookes University,
only a short walk from the city centre and with plenty of outdoor space.
Oxford is known for its universities, museums and architecture which students will get
to explore during their stay. Students can also enjoy the great campus facilities such as
a sports hall, modern dining hall and several shops.
Location: Oxford Brookes University
Dates: 23 Jun - 11 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17
Accommodation: Single standard rooms
Sample Excursions: The Cotswolds, Warwick Castle and London
· Students stay in single standard rooms, in flats of 5-6 students.
· Each residence building has a communal kitchen.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen is included.
· A launderette is available in the residence area.
· Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
· Wi-Fi available throughout the campus.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as Oxford Colleges, the Cotswolds Wildlife park and Blenheim Gardens.
London: Visit this exciting capital city and take a walking tour of the centre to see and experience the most popular sights.
Stratford-upon-Avon: Discover the beautiful home town of Shakespeare, steeped in history and culture.
Warwick Castle: Discover this spectacular 11th century medieval royal castle which has been owned by a number of noble figures, including Queen Elizabeth I.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Large multi-purpose sports hall.
Meals: All meals are served in a modern dining hall.
Common Room: Shared common area in each flat.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||2 hrs|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||2 hrs 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr 30 mins|