Welcome to Embassy Mile End
Our centre is located on the large modern city campus of Queen Mary University, just a short journey on the tube from central London.
You’ll be staying in one of the halls of residence in the student village, which is like a
little vilage in itself. There are shops and a sports hall for students to enjoy, all within
a short distance from one of the world’s most exciting cities.
Location: Queen Mary University of London
Dates: 16 Jun - 11 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: British Museum, Thames River Cruise and Brighton
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms in flats with a communal space.
· Flats are shared between 5 to 9 students.
· All rooms are furnished with a mini-fridge, wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry is available in the residence area.
· Meals are served in a large, spacious dining hall.
· Wi-Fi available throughout the campus.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Students will visit exciting places such as St. Paul’s Cathedral, Thames River cruise and Tower Bridge experience.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges, punting on the river Cam and Kings College.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Lecture style lessons.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Modern classrooms.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
· Trinity exams preparation is available.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 20 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||50 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 40 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||20 mins|