Welcome to Embassy Kingswood
Our centre is located on the Kingswood Hall campus of Royal Holloway University of London, surrounded by beautiful countryside and close to Royal Windsor.
There is a lot of outdoor space to explore around the campus and plenty of social space indoors. Located close to central London and Heathrow Airport, with the famous Thorpe Park theme park just fifteen minutes away.
Location: Royal Holloway University
Dates: 23 Jun – 11 Aug
Ages: 10 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite or standard rooms
Sample Excursions: Thorpe Park, Windsor Castle and London
· Students stay in single en-suites or standard rooms. The standard rooms have a washbasin and shared bathroom of 1:5 students.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Students have access to a large TV and games room.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry service is available in all residence buildings.
· Meals are served in a large dining hall.
· Internet suites are available at certain times of the day so students can access the Internet.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Excursions to local towns and attractions of interest including Henley Upon Thames, Royal Windsor and the fantastic Kew Gardens.
London: Discover Westminster and walk along Southbank, taking time also for London’s best museums, galleries and historic sights.
Brighton, Oxford or Cambridge: Every Saturday theres is a full-day trip to one of these cities to explore the local sights and attractions there.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Standard classrooms.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Standard classrooms.
Sports Facilities: Squash courts & large field space.
Meals: All meals are served in a large on-site canteen.
Common Room: Large activity room with TV and games for student use.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||45 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||15 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||45 mins|
|(LCY) London City||1 hr 15 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr|