Welcome to Embassy Gatton Park
Gatton Park is a country estate of 450 acres of beautiful parkland in the county of Surrey.
Our centre is located at the Royal Alexandra and Albert boarding school in a charming, rural setting about an hour’s drive from central London. All students have access to excellent facilities at the centre such as a sports hall, an indoor swimming pool and a tennis court.
Location: Royal Alexandra and Albert Boarding School
Dates: 7 Jul - 4 Aug
Ages: 8 - 17
Accommodation: Dormitory rooms
Sample Excursions: Brighton, Royal Windsor and London
· Students stay in dormitory rooms in boarding houses with shared bathrooms.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry is available in all boarding houses.
· Meals are served in a large dining hall.
· Wi-fi is available throughout the campus.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as Kew Gardens, Windsor Castle and Rochester Cathedral.
London: Visit this exciting capital city; take a walking tour of Westminster or along the South Bank and take time at the Tate Modern.
Brighton: A vibrant and historic seaside city where students can soak up the fun of Brighton Pier, visit the impressive Royal Pavilion and go shopping in the popular Lanes area.
Oxford: Explore this iconic university city and its famous colleges. Visit the Ashmolean Museum, home to famous artworks and archaeological treasures.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Tennis course, sports hall, swimming pool, basketball court, performing arts centre and extensive grounds for activities.
Meals: Meals are provided in a large self-service dining hall.
Common Room: Each boarding house has a common room with TV, DVD player and an array of games such as table tennis and pool.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available across the campus and a computer suite is available for students in the evenings.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||30 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||50 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr 30 mins|