Welcome to Embassy Docklands
Our centre is located at the campus of University of East London Docklands, by the famous river Thames and London Stadium, home of West Ham FC and 2012 Olympics.
From the modern residence building you’ll get a great view of London’s iconic skyline and you can enjoy easy access to public transport when you want to explore the sights and attractions of central London.
Location: University of East London, London
Dates: 16 Jun - 18 Aug
Ages: 11 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample excursions: British Museum, Canary Wharf and Brighton
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms, arranged in flats of 2 to 6 students.
· There is a communal room for each flat with a kitchen.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry service is available in each residence building.
· Wi-Fi throughout the campus and accommodation.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Students will visit exciting places such as Greenwich and the Maritime Museum, Tate Modern, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Thames River Cruise, Natural History Museum, Notting Hill and Portobello Road Market.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK. Marvel at the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral and medieval buildings.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic university city, famous for its renowned colleges, punting on the river Cam and Kings College.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious classrooms with projectors.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
· Trinity exams preparation is available.
Classrooms: Modern and well-equipped with audio-visual facilities.
Sports Facilities: Multi-purpose sports hall, outdoor gym, basketball court and AstroTurf football pitch.
Meals: There is a self-service buffet in "The Edge", an on-site restaurant / dining hall
Common Room: Each flat has its own common area.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi available throughout the campus and accommodation area.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr and 30 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||50 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(LCY) London City||15 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||30 mins|