Welcome to Embassy Docklands
Our centre is located at the Docklands Campus of the University of East London, which is located next to the River Thames opposite London City Airport. From the modern residence building you will get a great view of London’s iconic skyline and easy access to central London when you want to explore the city.
Location: University of East London, London
Dates: 16 Jun - 18 Aug
Ages: 11 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample excursions: British Museum, Canary Wharf and Brighton
Our students stay in several residence buildings, all with single en-suite rooms.
The rooms are arranged in flats of 4 to 6 students in each.
- Each flat has got a communal room
- There is also a small number of en-suite studios
- Room furniture includes a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Rooms and common rooms are cleaned weekly
- Laundry available in accommodation area
- Meals are served in a large dining hall
- WiFi throughout accommodation
Activities are organised in between lessons and during evenings. These activities could be on-site or near to the centre.These may include:
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Daytime activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show, and team games
Students will visit exciting places such as Greenwich and the Maritime museum, Tate Modern museum, St. Paul’s Cathedral, Thames River Cruise, Natural History museum, Notting Hill and Portobello Road market.
Brighton: enjoy this vibrant popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture.
Canterbury: visit this UNESCO World Heritage Site, one of the most visited cities in the UK with medieval buildings and enjoy the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral.
Cambridge: explore this iconic University city famous for its colleges and punting on the river Cam.
- Taught by qualified English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week each morning
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 16 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Classrooms are standard style
- Classrooms are located at York University Campus
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Materials included
Classrooms: Modern and well-equipped with audio-visual facilities
Sports facilities: Multi-purpose sports hall, outdoor gym, basketball court and AstroTurf football pitch
Meals: There is a self-service buffet in "The Edge", on-site restaurant / dining hall
Common room: Each flat has got its own common area
Wi-Fi: available in the accommodation area
Travel times to nearest airports:
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||: 1 hour|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||: 1 hour and 30 minutes|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||: 50 minutes|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||: 1 hour 15 minutes|
|(LCY) London City||: 15 minutes|
Travel times to nearest train station:
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||: 30 minutes|