Welcome to Embassy Canterbury
Canterbury is a historic cathedral city and UNESCO World Heritage Site in the county of Kent. Here you’ll find beautiful medieval streets, churches and many ancient buildings.
Our centre is located on the modern campus of University of Kent, within walking distance from the city centre. There are excellent sports facilities available as well as large outdoor spaces for additional activities.
Location: University of Kent
Dates: 23 Jun - 11 Aug
Ages: 11 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite or standard rooms
Sample Excursions: Canterbury Cathedral, London and Brighton
· Students stay in single en-suite and standard rooms.
· Standard rooms have a bathroom ratio of 1:5 students.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk, chair and wash-hand basin.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen is included and changed every week.
· Laundry service is available in the residence area.
· Meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
· Wi-fi is limited to the accommodation reception area.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as Windsor, Kew Gardens and Henley Upon Thames.
London: Explore the historic City of Westminster on your walking tour and visit the National Gallery before enjoying shopping at Covent Garden or Piccadilly Circus.
Cambridge: Explore this iconic University city famous for its colleges, cycling and punting on the river Cam.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre and see the Royal Pavilion.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Spacious, modern classrooms with projectors.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Lecture style and standard classrooms.
Sports Facilities: Multi-purpose sports hall and outdoor areas for games and activities.
Meals: All meals are served in a large self-service dining hall.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||2 hrs|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||2 hrs|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||2 hrs|