Welcome to Embassy Cambridge
Cambridge is world famous for its historic colleges, beautiful architecture and iconic images of students cycling and punting on the river Cam. Our centre is located on the modern Manor House campus of Bellerbys College, only 20 minutes from the centre of Cambridge. Students have the choice to stay in residential accommodation or with local host families.
Location: Bellerbys College
Dates: 30 Jun - 4 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17 (residential) 13 - 17 (host family)
Accommodation: Single standard rooms or host family accommodation
Sample excursions: Cambridge, Ely Cathedral and London
- Single rooms with shared bathrooms ratio of 1:4 students
- Washbasin in each room
- Room furniture includes a wardrobe, desk and chair
- Rooms cleaned weekly
- Linen changed weekly
- Laundry available
- Kitchenettes shared per 4 rooms
- Meals served in the on-site canteen
- Large common room and movie lounge
- Wi-Fi throughout
Students also have the choice of staying with local families for additional English language practice and cultural experience.
Students are housed in pairs or groups of three and homestay students travel independently via public transport to Embassy Summer Manor Campus - travel time can be up to 45 minutes. A weekly bus pass is provided as part of the program.
Activities are organised every evening and when not in lessons or on trips or local visits. These activities could be on-site or near to the centre.These may include:
- Sports such as football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball
- Daytime activities such as scavenger hunts and drama workshops
- Evening activities such as karaoke, talent show and team games
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as King’s College, Grantchester Meadows and Ely Cathedral.
Full-day excursions from Cambridge could include:
London: visit this exciting capital city and take a walking tour of the South Bank along the Thames and a visit to the Tate Modern.
Warwick Castle: explore this spectacular medieval royal castle once owned by Queen Elizabeth I.
Oxford: enjoy the other most famous University city and its famous colleges and visit the Ashmolean Museum, home to famous drawings, paintings and archaeological treasures.
- Taught by qualified English teachers
- 20 x 45 minute lessons per week morning or afternoon
- Placement test on day 1 to ensure students in appropriate level
- Maximum 15 students per class
- Students will be placed in an international class with students of different nationalities
- Many classrooms have interactive whiteboards
- Classrooms are located on campus
- Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills
- Materials included
- Trinity exams preparation available
Classrooms: Located on campus, many with interactive whiteboards
Sports facilities: Sports field and sports hall
Meals: Meals are served in a large canteen on-site
Common room: Large common room and movie lounge
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout
Travel times to nearest airports:
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||: 2 hours|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||: 1 hour, 45 minutes|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||: 45 minutes|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||: 1 hour|
Travel times to nearest train station:
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||: 1 hours, 45 minutes|