Welcome to Embassy Cambridge
Cambridge is world famous for its historic colleges, beautiful architecture and its iconic images of students cycling bicycles and punting on the river Cam.
Our centre is located on the Manor House campus of Bellerbys College, only 20 minutes from the centre of Cambridge. Embassy students can choose to stay in residential accommodation or with one of our lovely host families.
Location: Bellerbys College
Dates: 30 Jun - 4 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17 (residential) 13 - 17 (host family)
Accommodation: Single standard rooms or host family accommodation
Sample Excursions: Cambridge, Ely Cathedral and London
· Students stay in single rooms with washbasins and shared bathrooms.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry service is available.
· Kitchenettes shared per 4 bedrooms.
· Meals are served in a large canteen on-site.
· Large common room and movie lounge.
· Student access to sports field and sports hall.
Students also have the choice of staying with local families for additional English language practice and cultural experience.
Students are housed in pairs or groups of three and travel independently via public transport to Embassy Summer Manor Campus - travel time can be up to 45 mins. A weekly bus pass is provided as part of the program and taxis are provided for all students after evening activities.
Students receive half-board in their family's homes and eat lunch in the campus canteen. A packed lunch is provided by the host family on the weekends.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as King’s College, Grantchester Meadows and Ely Cathedral.
London: We explore this exciting capital city by taking a walking tour of the South Bank, along the Thames and a visit to the Tate Modern.
Warwick Castle: Discover this spectacular 11th century medieval royal castle which has been owned by a number of noble figures, including Queen Elizabeth I.
Oxford: Enjoy the other famous university city and its colleges where you'll also visit the Ashmolean Museum, home to famous artworks and archaeological treasures.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Many classrooms have interactive whiteboards.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
· Trinity Exams preparation is available.
Classrooms: Located on campus, many with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Sports field and sports hall.
Meals: Meals are served in a large canteen on-site.
Common Room: Large common room and movie lounge.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||2 hrs|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 45 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||45 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr 45 mins|