Welcome to Embassy Brighton!
Brighton is a popular seaside city, with beautiful Georgian architecture, great beaches and trendy shops.
Full of influence from different cultures, the people here are known for being welcoming and open-minded. Our centre is located on the campus of the well-known University of Sussex, only a short bus or train journey from the city centre.
Location: University of Sussex
Dates: 23 Jun - 11 Aug
Ages: 11 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: Brighton Pier, London and Cambridge
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms or single rooms with shared bathroom.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed weekly.
· Laundry is available in each residence area.
· Kitchens are available in each flat.
· Meals are served in a large spacious canteen.
· Wi-fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to places of interest such as Brighton Pier, the Lanes and the Royal Pavilion.
London: visit this exciting capital city and take a walking tour of central London, Westminster and the National Gallery.
Canterbury: Visit this UNESCO World Heritage city, one of the most visited in the UK. Admire the medieval buildings and enjoy the gothic architecture of Canterbury Cathedral.
Cambridge: Discover this iconic university city famous for its colleges, cycling and punting on the river Cam.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Many classrooms have interactive whiteboards.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern, equipped classrooms, many with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Sports hall plus outdoor areas for games and activities.
Meals: Meals served in the on-campus dining hall.
Common Room: Shared lounge area in each flat.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||30 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||2 hrs|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||2 hrs|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||2 hrs 30 mins|