Welcome to Embassy Portsmouth
Portsmouth is a port city in New Hampshire, England. The eye-catching Spinnaker Tower resembles a sail, in homage to the city’s significance in maritime history.
Our centre is located next to the seafront in a building of the University of Portsmouth. It is within walking distance of the city centre, which offers access to a variety of fun and cultural local attractions.
Location: Portsmouth University
Dates: 21 Jun - 16 Aug
Ages: 12 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite rooms
Sample Excursions: Isle of Wight, Oxford, Brighton and London
· Students stay in single en-suite rooms in a dedicated secure block.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry is available in the accommodation building.
· Meals are served in a canteen in the building.
· Accomodation has large social areas and activity spaces.
· All students have access to a sports hall, just 10 minutes’ walk from the accommodation.
· Wi-Fi available throughout the campus.
On-site activities are scheduled on weekdays in between lessons with some half-day trips and full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Daytime activities: Drama and performance workshops, scavenger hunts and photo quiz.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our students get to explore exciting places such as Gunwharf Quays, The Isle of Wight and Arundel Castle, as well as local visits in and around the Portsmouth area.
London: Discover this exciting capital city, take a walking tour of central London and visit the National Gallery.
Oxford: Explore this iconic and beautiful university city and its famous colleges.
Brighton: Enjoy this vibrant and popular seaside resort with beautiful architecture. Visit the Sea Life Centre and the Palace Pier.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious, standard classrooms.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms, located a short walk from the accommodation.
Sports Facilities: Access to a sports hall, just a 10-minute walk from the accommodation.
Meals: All meals are served in a large canteen in Rees Hall.
Common Room: Large social areas and common activity spaces.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||2 hrs 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||2 hrs 30 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|Ashford International (Eurostar)||2 hrs|