Welcome to Embassy Kingswood
Our centre is located on the Kingswood Hall campus of Royal Holloway University of London, surrounded by beautiful countryside and close to Royal Windsor.
There is a lot of outdoor space to explore around the campus and plenty of social space indoors. Located close to central London and Heathrow Airport, with the famous Thorpe Park theme park just fifteen minutes away.
Location: Kingswood Hall, Royal Holloway University
Dates: 21 Jun – 9 Aug
Ages: 10 - 17
Accommodation: Single en-suite or standard single rooms
Sample Excursions: London, Oxford, Cambridge and Brighton
· Students stay in single en-suite or single standard rooms. The standard rooms have a washbasin and a shared bathroom ratio of 1:5 students.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Students have access to a large TV and games room.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry service is available in all residence buildings.
· Meals are served in a large dining hall.
· Wi-Fi available throughout.
On-site activities scheduled every weekday in between lessons with some half-day trips and two full-day excursions weekly. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Daytime activities: Drama and performance workshops, scavenger hunts and culture club.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and film nigh.
Our students get to explore exciting places such as Arundel Castle, Windsor Castle and Henley Upon Thames with River Cruise.
London: On Tuesdays or Wednesdays, students are visiting London to explore some of the following:
The Science Museum, The Natural History Museum, The National Gallery, Westminster Walking Tour, The British Museum, Oxford Street shopping and Hyde Park,
At Saturdays students will visit some of the following:
Oxford: explore this iconic university city and get entrance to one of its famous Colleges.
Brighton: enjoy this popular seaside town and visit The Sea Life Centre and the Palace Pier.
Cambridge: visit this charming university city with a walking tour and visit to King’s College.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Standard classrooms.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Standard classrooms.
Sports Facilities: Squash courts & large field space.
Meals: All meals are served in a large on-site canteen.
Common Room: Large activity room with TV and games for student use.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||45 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||15 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 15 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||45 mins|
|(LCY) London City||1 hr 15 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr|