Welcome to Embassy Gatton Park
Gatton Park is a country estate of 450 acres of beautiful parkland in the county of Surrey.
Our centre is located at the Royal Alexandra and Albert School in a charming, rural setting about an hour’s drive from central London. All students have access to excellent facilities at the centre such as a sports hall, an indoor swimming pool and a tennis court.
Location: Royal Alexandra and Albert School
Dates: 5 Jul - 9 Aug
Ages: 8 - 17
Accommodation: multi-bedded rooms
Sample Excursions: Brighton, Royal Windsor, Oxford and London
· Students stay in dormitory rooms (2-6 beds) in boarding houses with shared bathrooms.
· Limited twin en-suite rooms are also available
· Shared bathroom ratio is approximately 1:5
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bed linen and a towel are included and changed every week.
· Laundry is available in all boarding houses.
· Meals are served in a large dining hall.
· Wi-fi is available throughout the campus.
On-site activities are scheduled on weekdays in between lessons with some half-day trips and two full-day excursions every week. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Daytime activities: Drama and performance workshops, scavenger hunts and photo quiz.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our students get to explore exciting places such as Kew Gardens, Hampton Court Palace and Rochester Cathedral, as well as local visits to Redhill.
London: Visit this exciting capital city and explore the best it has to offer, such as a walking tour of Westminster, visit the National Gallery, British Museum, the Science Museum, the Natural History Museum and Oxford Street shopping.
Brighton: A vibrant and historic seaside city, Brighton students will take a walking tour of the city and visit the Sea Life Centre.
Oxford: Students take a walking tour of this iconic university city and get to visit one of its famous colleges.
Windsor: Students get to explore the charming, historic market town of Windsor and visit Windsor Castle, home to the Queen of England.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Modern classrooms with interactive whiteboards.
Sports Facilities: Tennis course, sports hall, swimming pool, basketball court, performing arts centre and extensive grounds for activities.
Meals: Meals are provided in a large self-service dining hall.
Common Room: Each boarding house has a common room with TV, DVD player and an array of games such as table tennis and pool.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is available across the campus and a computer suite is available for students in the evenings.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(LGW) London Gatwick Airport||30 mins|
|(LHR) London Heathrow Airport||50 mins|
|(STN) Stansted Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
|(LTN) Luton Airport||1 hr 30 mins|
Travel times to nearest train station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)||1 hr 30 mins|