Welcome to Embassy Dublin
Founded by the legendary Vikings and enriched over centuries of culture and creativity, Dublin is a bustling capital city with all the warmth of your favourite little town. Spend your days exploring everything this enchanting green city has to offer – and don’t forget your camera! Study at renowned Terenure College, located in a beautiful, green setting in the Dublin suburbs.
Location: Terenure College
Dates: 28 Jun - 16 Aug
Ages: 13 - 17
Accommodation: Homestay, twin/triple rooms
Sample Excursions: Bray, Glendalough and Howth
· Students stay in a homestay in twin/ triple rooms with shared bathroom.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· Rooms are cleaned weekly.
· Bedrooms and bathrooms are cleaned weekly by the homestay and bed linen are provided and cleaned/changed weekly.
· Laundry is done by homestay on a weekly basis.
· Students eat breakfast and dinner ar the homestay and lunch in an on-site canteen at Terenure College.
Activities and Excursions
Scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day trips at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama: Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening: Activities such as karaoke, a talent show, and team games.
Our local half-day trips take students to such locations as Trinity College, National Museum of Ireland, Dublin sightseeing and National Botanic Gardens.
Glendalough: Students spend the day in Glendalough enjoying the beauty of the Irish countryside where they will walk through Wicklow Mountains National Park and gain insight into the country’s history and culture. They will also visit the medieval monastic settlement of Glendalough.
Bray: he beautiful coastal town of Bray in County Wicklow is one hour away from Dublin. Students will have the opportunity to enjoy the seaside town’s attractions and a scenic walk under the cliffs.
Howth: This ancient fishing village just outside of Dublin is surrounded by nature and steeped in legends. From pre-history to modern times, the wild rocky peninsula has seen some of the crucial events and bloody battles that have shaped Irish history. It also has incredible views of Dublin, Wales and Northern Ireland.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45-minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Spacious classrooms.
· Maximum of 15 students per class.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with an emphasis on communication skills.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(DUB) Dublin Airport||30 mins by coach|
|(DUB) Dubin Airport||1 hr with local traffic|
Travel times to nearest train station
|Conolly Station||35 mins|