Welcome to Embassy Tufts University
Welcome to Boston! Our centre is located on the beautiful campus of the prestigious Tufts University in Medford, Massachusetts only 20 minutes from downtown historic Boston.
Fantastic campus facilities include a modern sports hall, indoor swimming pool and running track with a recreational field, outdoor space and spacious residence halls. The beautiful villages of New England, dramatic coastlines, popular beaches and the attractions of Boston are all within easy reach.
Dates: 28 Jun - 2 Aug
Ages: 13 - 17
Accommodation: Standard single, twin or triple rooms with shared bathroom
Sample Excursions: Charles River Walk, Newport - Rhode Island and Scusset Beach
· Students are staying in apartments with single, twin or triple rooms with shared bathrooms and lounge.
· All rooms are furnished with a wardrobe, desk and chair.
· You need to clean your own room.
· Bathrooms are cleaned daily by our staff.
· Bed linen is changed every week.
· Students need to bring their own towel.
· Laundry is available near the residence building for a small fee.
· Deposit of $100 required upon arrival, replacement of lost room key is $100.
Activities and excursions are scheduled every afternoon and evening, with full-day excursions at the weekend. All activities are designed to continue the learning in a fun and enjoyable way, encouraging students to develop life skills and make new friends through sport, activities and socially interactive games.
Sports: With a choice of football, mini Olympics, rounders, table tennis, volleyball and basketball.
Drama and performance activities, such as drama workshops and scavenger hunts.
Evening activities: such as karaoke, talent show, and team games.
Our students get to explore exciting places in and around Boston such as Harvard University, MIT University, the New England Aquarium and Massachusetts State House.
Newport, Rhode Island: Visit this historic city by the sea with great shops, incredible mansions and colonial architecture.
Scusset Beach: nice sandy beach with crystal clear water
Charles River Walk: View the Boston skyline from the Charles River and visit the Museum of Science.
Faneuil Hall & Quincy Market:
Students go shopping at this historic market place including a visit to Downtown Crossing and Chinatown.
*Students will need to purchase a Charlie Card for $21.25 which will cover all transportation and excursions for the week.
· Lessons are taught by qualified English teachers.
· 20 x 45 minute lessons per week, morning or afternoon.
· Placement test on day 1 to ensure students are in a class of the appropriate level.
· Maximum 15 students per class.
· Classrooms are standard style.
· Located at Tufts University campus.
· Course material is included.
· Curriculum with emphasis on communication skills.
Classrooms: Standard classrooms located on campus.
Sports Facilities: Baseball field, basketball and tennis courts, indoor swimming pool and outdoor areas for games and activities.
Meals: All meals are served in a large self-service canteen.
Common Room: Shared common area in each flat.
Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi throughout the campus and in bedrooms.
Travel times to nearest airports
|(BOS) Longan International Airport||30 mins|
Local public transport services
|College Ave / Dearborn Road bus stop||1 min walk|
|West Medford subway station||30 mins walk|