Modern college close to historic Greenwich
We're sorry but this school is not available in 2013.
Please see our other summer schools in England.
Location: Embassy London Study Centre, Greenwich
Time to London: 20 minutes (by train)
Our Greenwich Summer School takes place at the Embassy London year-round centre, ten minutes walk from historic Greenwich and gives students a taste of what it is like to be a full-time Embassy student.
The purpose-built college has superb modern facilities, with interactive whiteboards in classrooms and wireless internet throughout the centre. There is also an excellent library with books, films, newspapers, magazines and computers for free use to all students.
Two room options are available at Greenwich.
- On-site accommodation at the Student Village:
These rooms include private bathrooms and some have a small private kitchen. A few 'twin' bedrooms may alse be available on request.
Security: A warden is available 24 hours a day for all students. The campus is also a secure and gated site, monitored by CCTV camera for your added peace of mind.
- Homestay (host family):
Live with a host family in or near the Greenwich area. Learn about the local way of life. Living with English-speakers means that you’re language will continuously improve during your stay. All of our host families are monitored and vetted. Breakfast and evening meals will be provided by the family and lunch will be taken at the centre. Packed lunches will be provided for any trips. The family will also provide laundry service each week.
- Library: 50 computers with free internet access, self-study materials, thousands of books and 900 films for students to borrow – all for free. Newspapers and magazines are also available, to be read in the library. (Open until 21:00 on weekdays, and from 13:00 - 20:00 at the weekend).
- Sports facilities: Only table football and table tennis are available inside the college, but swimming pool, football pitches, basketball courts and gym are within walking distance.
- Dining Hall: Modern cafeteria serving breakfast, lunch and dinner (Open 8:00 - 22:30). (Note: Homestay students will have breakfast and dinner at home.)
- Common room: Social space with wide-screen television and video-games.
- Shops: There is an on-site mini supermarket. Lots of shops in central Greenwich (10 minutes walk away).
- Email: Free wireless internet access available throughout the campus.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)
|London Heathrow (LHR)
|London Gatwick (LGW)
|Stansted Airport (STN)
|Luton Airport (LTN)
||1 hour 15 minutes
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Basketball, Jogging in London, Football, Swimming, Gym, Cricket and picnic.
- Non-sports: Arts & crafts, Cinema, River walks, Street Art tour of East London, Greenwich walk, Camden walk.
- Welcome party, Discos, Thorpe Park and Boat parties.
Over 18s only: Club nights, Karaoke, Pub evening
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and two half-day excursions each week.
- All excursion normally by coach; transport for local visits and optional excursions not included.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- British Museum: One of the largest, most comprehensive and impressive museum collections in the world.
- Tate Modern: Located in a former power station on the River Thames this popular modern art gallery houses exciting permanent and temporary collections.
- Thorpe Park: A leading theme park offering over thirty extreme rides and attractions.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Cambridge: This historic city, with its grand universities and museums, narrow streets and shops can all be enjoyed on foot.
- Oxford: Home to England's oldest university, you'll enjoy exploring Oxford's grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
- Stonehenge and Bath: Stonehenge is a famous ancient monument built over 5000 years ago. Bath is a beautiful Roman city. Both are World Heritage sites that can be visited in the same day.
- West End Theatre: Enjoy one of the many world class shows, musical-theatre and concerts in London's famous West End Theatre-land'.
- Windsor Castle: Visit the Queen's favourite weekend home. The oldest, and largest, inhabited castle in the world.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance
Greenwich average climate
Greenwich summer school: Study Centre
Accommodation: Student Village
Accommodation: Student Village bedroom
Accommodation: Private bathroom and kitchen
Greenwich: The famous ship Cutty Sark