Private school set in beautiful park grounds
Available: 10 July – 7 August 2016
Ages: 8 – 17
Location: Royal Alexandra & Albert School, Gatton Park
Time to London: 35 minutes (by train)
See our prices
The Reigate summer school is held at the prestigious Royal Alexandra and Albert Boarding School in Surrey.
The centre has excellent sports facilities including a heated indoor swimming pool and is located in the beautiful, eighteenth century estate of Gatton Park.
The nearby towns of Redhill and Reigate are within walking distance and have a good choice of shops and cafés. In addition London, and the seaside city of Brighton, can both be reached in approximately 30-40 minutes, by taking a direct train from Redhill Station.
Summer Plus at Reigate:
English with Basketball
English with Dance
Accommodation consists of several 'houses' across the school campus. Houses are single-sex, with boys and girls staying in separate houses.
There are a maximum of 40 student spaces in each house and rooms are arranged in the boarding school 'dormitory' style with 2-4 beds per room.
Security: Our Reigate summer school is located on a secure campus. Trained Embassy staff act as Night Wardens, so help is available 24-hours a day
- Classrooms: Lessons take place in modern well-equipped classrooms in the main school building.
- Sports facilities: : Large sports ground for activities such as football, volleyball and cricket. Large sports hall for indoor sports, such as basketball and an old style gymnasium. Covered area in case of rain.
- Swimming pool: Heated indoor swimming pool on campus.
- Dining Hall: : Large bright hall for 300+ dinners. All meals are self-service.
- Common room: Large indoor hall for evening activities and common room in the boarding houses with excellent facilities.
- Email: There is a computer suite available for students to use email in the evenings. (WiFi not available).
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station
|London Gatwick (LGW)
|London Heathrow (LHR)
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)
||1 hour 30 minutes
|Luton Airport (LTN)
||1 hour 30 minutes
|Stansted Airport (STN)
||1 hour 30 minutes
See our transfer prices
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Basketball, Dodgeball, Rounders, Cricket, Volleyball and Swimming.
- Non-sports: Kite-making, Mask-making and Games.
- Town trails and Nature trails: Treasure hunts, Redhill town trail and Gatton Park nature trail.
- Blind Date, Discos, Fashion Show, Karaoke, International Show and Quiz.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and 2 half-day excursions each week.
- All excursions are normally by coach, provided by Embassy Summer Schools.
- Transport for local visits and optional excursions are not included.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- Local visits: Redhill town centre shopping trip.
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Oxford: Home to England's oldest university, you'll enjoy exploring Oxford's grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Buckingham Palace: Visit the Queen's Gallery and, during a few weeks of summer the state rooms at the British Monarch's primary home.
- Brighton Royal Pavilion: An unusual and decorative palace that is influenced by oriental styles.
- Chessington World of Adventures: A zoo and theme park on the edge of Greater London, with roller-coasters and water rides.
- London Eye: Take a ride on Europe's tallest Ferris wheel and enjoy fantastic views over London.
- Madame Tussauds & Marvel 4D Experience: Waxwork museum, now with a unique 4D cinema, where you 'feel' the film as well as see it!
- Tower of London: For centuries this palace, with its prison tower was the place of many royal executions.
- Windsor Castle: Visit the Queen's favourite weekend home. The oldest, and largest, inhabited castle in the world.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance
Local average climate
Royal Alexandra and Albert School
Royal Alexandra and Albert School, Reigate, England
Reigate summer school: Royal Alexandra and Albert School
Facilities: Computer room
Facilities: Sports fields
Facilities: Dining room
Facilities: Swimming pool
Activities: Evening disco