Historic countryside campus near London
Available: 22nd June 2014 – 10th August 2014
Ages: 10 – 17
Location: Kingswood Hall, Royal Holloway University
Time to London: 40 minutes
See our prices
Kingswood Hall summer school is located on a rural university campus, surrounded by green lawns and woodland. It is situated on the edge of the Greater London Area.
Kingswood Hall is part of Royal Holloway, University of London. The main, Grade 2 listed building dates back to the eighteenth century when it was a convent school. In recent years, accommodation and sports facilities, including tennis courts, have been added to the site.
This school is conveniently located for Heathrow and Gatwick Airports and is on a direct train route to Central London (via Egham Station).
Two room options are available at Kingswood Hall summer school.
- Single bedrooms with en suite private bathroom facilities.
- Standard single rooms (most with a washbasin) with shared bathroom facilities (One bathroom to eight bedrooms).
There is 24-hour security on site. From 10pm until 7am there is a night security guard based at the main reception.
- Classrooms: These are located in the upper floors of the main building (above the Embassy Summer office).
- Dining Hall: Self-service in the large spacious dining room. Patio area for barbecues.
- Common room: Large television room with pool table for students’ free time.
- Email: Students will have access to email at Kingswood Hall for a small nominal fee.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station
|London Heathrow (LHR)
|London Gatwick (LGW)
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)
|Luton Airport (LTN)
|Stansted Airport (STN)
||1 hour 30 minutes
See our transfer prices
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Mini-Olympics, Rounders, Baseball, Squash, Volleyball, Aerobics, and Tennis.
- Non-sports: Treasure Hunts, Mask making, Make-your-own Crazy Golf course, Town trails and Nature trails.
- Blind date, International Night, Discos, Extravaganza, Round-the-world quiz, Fashion Show and Karaoke.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Our City Explorer programme runs at this centre: included in the course price (each week)
- Two full day trips into London during the week (offset by two full days in class)
- An additional full day trip at the weekend
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Stratford-Upon-Avon: Famous as the birthplace of playwright William Shakespeare, visit historic English buildings dating back centuries.
- Cambridge: The historic city centre, with its narrow streets and shops can all be enjoyed on foot.
- Oxford: Home to England's oldest university, you'll enjoy exploring Oxford's grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
- Buckingham Palace: Visit the Queen's Gallery and, during a few weeks of summer the state rooms at the British Monarch's primary home.
- Brighton Royal Pavilion: An unusual and decorative palace that is influenced by oriental styles.
- Chessington World of Adventures: A zoo and theme park on the edge of Greater London, with roller-coasters and water rides.
- London Eye: Take a ride on Europe's tallest ferris wheel and enjoy fantastic views over London.
- Madame Tussauds & Marvel 4D Experience: Waxwork museum, now with a unique 4D cinema, where you 'feel’ the film as well as see it!
- Shakespeare’s Globe Exhibition + Rose Tour: Visit the site of two 16th century theatres, the rebuilt Globe Theatre, and the excavated Rose Theatre, both on London's South Bank.
- Thorpe Park: A leading theme park offering over thirty extreme rides and attractions.
- Tower of London: For centuries this palace, with its prison tower was the place of many royal executions.
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance
Average annual climate in the region
Kingswood Hall, Royal Holloway, University of London, England
Kingswood Hall: Accommodation
Accommodation: Study bedroom
Excursion: Trip to Kew Gardens
Kingswood Hall:Dining Hall