Modern college in a small and friendly city
Available: 28th June 2015 – 9th August 2015
Ages: 11 – 17
Location: Chichester College, Chichester, West Sussex
Time to London: 1 hour 35 minutes
See our prices
This summer school is based at Chichester College on the south coast of England. Classrooms, accommodation and sports facilities are all conveniently located on this friendly campus.
The college is just 5-minutes walk from the train station and city centre. Chichester itself is an historic city, with an excellent art gallery, theatre and great high street shopping. North of the city is the lovely green countryside of the South Downs National Park, and to the south are some of the best beaches in England.
Summer Plus at Chichester:
English with Rugby
English with Dance
There are two options:
- 'En-suite' single rooms, with private bathroom facilities.
- 'En-suite Twin' rooms, for two people with private bathrooms facilities.
The accommodation is spread over two blocks ('Westgate' and 'Woodlands') which are located next to the main college building. Pay-phones are available in the accommodation blocks.
Security: There is night security at Chichester College.
- Classrooms: Modern, spacious and well-equipped classrooms.
- Sports facilities: Newly refurbished sports centre, with excellent sports halls for indoor sports, Astroturf football pitch, tennis courts and grass pitches for outdoor sports.
- Dining Hall: Large bright refectory, centrally located. Coffee shop.
- Shops: Variety of shops on campus selling everything from snacks to toiletries and an ATM cash point.
- Email: Internet access is available in IT suite at certain times of the week, Wi-Fi is also available in some common areas.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station
|London Gatwick (LGW)
||1 hour 15 minutes
|London Heathrow (LHR)
||1 hour 20 minutes
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)
|Luton Airport (LTN)
|Stansted Airport (STN)
||2 hours 15 minutes
See our transfer prices
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Rounders, Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball and Cricket.
- Non-sports: Show rehearsals, Arts & Crafts, Drama workshops, Dance and Health & Beauty.
- Talent show, International Night, Disco, Pop Quiz, Millionaire Quiz, Film Night and Fashion show.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and two half-day trips, by coach each week.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Bournemouth: A pretty town on England's South Coast with sandy beaches, shops and gardens.
- Oxford: Home to England's oldest university, you'll enjoy exploring Oxford's grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance
Embassy Summer Chichester Facebook page
Chichester College, West Sussex, England
Chichester summer school: At Chichester College
Facilities: Sports centre
Facilities: Games room
Chichester summer school: Chichester College
Accommodation: Halls of residence
Facilities: Television lounge