Green campus near historic cathedral city
Available: 29th June 2014 – 10th August 2014
Ages: 12 – 17
Location: University of Kent, Canterbury Campus
Time to London: 1 hour 30 minutes
See our prices
Our Canterbury summer school takes place at the main campus of the University of Kent, which is surrounded by lovely green lawns and woodland. There are plenty of shops, cafés and facilities on site for your convenience.
From the campus you'll enjoy fantastic views over the cathedral city of Canterbury, with its historic buildings dating back over a thousand years. Take a trip into the city to enjoy lovely riverside walks and many shopping streets to explore.
Two accommodation options are available and both are located near to the classrooms.
- Single bedrooms with private en suite bathrooms.
- Standard single bedrooms with washbasin. These rooms share bathroom facilities with 5 rooms sharing each bathroom. These rooms have been recently refurbished with new carpets and furniture.
Security: There is 24-hour security on site. Anyone with an emergency during the night should call the centre mobile number which will be given to all students on arrival.
- Classrooms: Mainly classrooms with some lecture halls.
- Sports facilities: Tennis courts, all weather pitches, playing fields, dance studio and large sports hall.
- Common areas: Large common room where most of the evening activities are held.
- Dining Hall: Meals take place in the dining hall/refectory. Meals are self-service, allowing students to choose what they want to eat. A rota system is in operation for lunch and dinner with students eating at allotted times.
- Email: A limited number of computers are available for students to check emails at this centre, for a small fee.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station
|London Gatwick (LGW)
|London Heathrow (LHR)
||1 hour 30 minutes
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)
||1 hour 30 minutes
|Stansted Airport (STN)
|Luton Airport (LTN)
||2 hours 15 minutes
See our transfer prices
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Basketball, Cricket, Badminton, Dance workshops, Volleyball and Tennis.
- Non-sports: Arts & Crafts, Drama and Treasure Hunts.
- Blind Date, International night, Discos, Quiz, Fashion Show and Karaoke.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and one half-day trip, by coach each week.
- An additional half-day local visit to Canterbury by public transport.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Cambridge: This historic city, with its grand universities and museums, narrow streets and shops can all be enjoyed on foot.
- Hastings: Historic seaside town, with shops, amusements and modern art gallery.
- Oxford: Home to England's oldest university, you'll enjoy exploring Oxford's grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance
Embassy Summer Canterbury Facebook Community page
Canterbury average climate
University of Kent - Canterbury campus
Embassy Summer Canterbury at University of Kent
Canterbury summer school: Campus exterior
Canterbury summer school: Campus interior
Facilities: Computer room
Facilities: Sports fields
Accommodation: Single study bedroom
Canterbury city: River Stour
Canterbury city: Historic buildings