Modern college in a small and friendly city
Available: 30th June 2013 – 11th August 2013
Ages: 11 – 17
Location: Chichester College, Chichester, West Sussex
Time to London: 1 hour 35 minutes
See our prices
This summer school is based at Chichester College on the south coast of England. Classrooms, accommodation and sports facilities are all conveniently located on this friendly campus.
The college is just 5-minutes walk from the train station and city centre. Chichester itself is an historic city, with an excellent art gallery, theatre and great high street shopping. North of the city is the lovely green countryside of the South Downs National Park, and to the south are some of the best beaches in England.
Parent & Child bookings
Parents of junior students taking part in the programme at Chichester are welcome to join their children for a English cultural experience, where they can also develop their language skills and take part in the programmed excursions.
(also available at Southsea)
There are two options:
- Standard single rooms, with shared bathroom facilities.
- Twin rooms (two people), with shared bathroom facilities.
The accommodation is spread over two blocks ('Westgate' and 'Woodlands') which are located next to the main college building. Pay-phones are available in the accommodation blocks.
Security: There is night security at Chichester College.
- Classrooms: Modern, spacious and well-equipped classrooms.
- Sports facilities: Newly refurbished sports centre, with excellent sports halls for indoor sports, Astroturf football pitch, tennis courts and grass pitches for outdoor sports.
- Common areas: Great social area in the accommodation for relaxing, with large television, pool tables and table tennis.
- Dining Hall: Large bright refectory, centrally located. Coffee shop.
- Shops: Variety of shops on campus selling everything from snacks to toiletries and an ATM cash point.
- Email: Internet access is available in rooms for an additional charge. Students will need to bring their own laptop.
Travel time to major airports and stations: †
|Airport or Station
|London Gatwick (LGW)
||1 hour 15 minutes
|London Heathrow (LHR)
||1 hour 20 minutes
|St Pancras International (Eurostar)
|Luton Airport (LTN)
|Stansted Airport (STN)
||2 hours 15 minutes
See our transfer prices
† Travel times shown are average transfer times by road
- Sports: Football, Rounders, Badminton, Volleyball, Basketball and Cricket.
- Non-sports: Show rehearsals, Arts & Crafts, Drama workshops, Dance and Health & Beauty.
- Talent show, International Night, Disco, Pop Quiz, Millionaire Quiz, Film Night and Fashion show.
* Examples of typical activities offered are shown
Included in the course price:
- One full-day and one half-day trip, by coach each week.
- An additional half-day local visit to Chichester by public transport.
Examples of typical included excursions:
- London: The UK capital offers an unrivalled choice of shopping, world-class galleries, museums and so much more.
- Brighton: Just one hour from London, Brighton is an historic and colourful city by the sea with great shops, palace, pier, bars and restaurants.
- Bournemouth: A pretty town on England's South Coast with sandy beaches, shops and gardens.
- Oxford: Home to England's oldest university, you'll enjoy exploring Oxford's grand buildings, containing museums, shops and colleges.
Examples of typical optional excursions:
** Examples of typical excursions shown. Optional excursions require extra payment for travel and entrance
Chichester average climate
Chichester summer school: At Chichester College
Facilities: Sports centre
Facilities: Games room
Chichester summer school: Chichester College
Accommodation: Halls of residence
Facilities: Television lounge